Saturday, August 13, 2011

Book Trailers

I have not posted any as I have not made the time too.  However,  I intend to change that slowly and small as God leads and right now, I am going to begin to post links and such to items I find on the internet of value and interest.  I will let Chris carry the banner of original content for now!

Lately, and I am not sure when people started doing this (I am not afraid to admit that I do not follow trends so book trailers appear to have been around for a couple of years at least), I have seen some book trailers that are very profound.  Probably the first one I watched was some months ago, Rob Bell's Love Wins, and while I am not going to offer my own opinion about the controversy as I have not read the book, I will say that it was very moving to me.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking on the internet for just a book of the gospels.  This is what I found:  The Four Holy Gospels.

Probably close to finding the one above on the four gospels was this book by Jon Tyson and Darren Whitehead:   Rumors of God.  Ironically, when I went to link the trailer, I found out the book released basically this week.

So yesterday, I went to the merry monk's website (He produces Steve Brown's radio programs - I will tell a personal story about Steve Brown later) and on it was this video:  All is Grace.  Now what is interesting on this video in addition to the words, is the song!  The City Harmonic Coming My Way.

I would be remiss if I did not mention four other book trailers (I bought all four books eventually) that I remembered a few minutes after I was going to go read!  I viewed two of these in 2010:  Unchristian (Not sure if it is the official book trailer, but it is a preview nonetheless!), The Next Christians (Actually, I follow this author's stuff on the internet so I bought the book at the end of October 2010 so I cannot actually remember if I viewed a book trailer of it or not).  The next two I did view the book trailers:  Veneer and Quitter

Disclaimer:  These are not meant to be advertisements or anything.  These all moved my heart.

Truth is Unkillable


No comments:

Post a Comment