Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Priest


















My son saw the new movie "Priest." I was concerned because I could tell it had some kind of anti-Catholic mesage to it and I love and support Catholics. My son told me that it was not that big of deal and the movie was really about killing zombies! He did tell me that at the end of the movie, the big message was follow God and not the church. Hollywood has never been into either God or the church but now it seems that God is in even if the church is still out. Of course, some of the rhetoric I understand considering the bad press the church is getting these days. The church in North America is not just in decline, but so are it's morals and reputation. Discipleship has played such a low key role to almost being non-existent in the
American Church. The results of that have been horrific to say the least. What would happen if Jesus followers today really took up this role seriously of being a priest before God and one another? What would the church look like to the world then?




No comments:

Post a Comment