Monday, May 30, 2011

Crazy Love









THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE IS NOT SOMETHING WE CAN JUST ADD TO OUR LIVES AND KEEP ON AS WE DID BEFORE - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

Forget About His Will For Your Life! Isn't that what we hear people say today another way, "I just wish I knew God's will for my life?" There are few people in the Scriptures who received their life plan from God in advance.

God cares more about our response to His Spirit's leading today, in this moment, than about what we intend to do next year. In fact, the decisions we make next year will be profoundly affected by the degree to which we submit to the Spirit right now, in today's decisions.

It is easy to use the phrase "God's will for my life" as an excuse for inaction or disobedience. It's much less demanding to think about God's will for your future than it is to ask Him what He wants you to do in the next ten minutes. It's safer to commit to following him someday instead of this day.

We are scared to make mistakes, so we fret over figuring out God's will. God wants us to listen to His Spirit on a daily basis, and even throughout the day. My hope is that instead of searching for "God's will for my life," each of us would learn to seek hard after "the Spirit's leading in my life today" (excerpts from pp.191-193).

No comments:

Post a Comment