Friday, May 20, 2011

How to Look Forward to Jesus Return Without Becoming a Date-Setter









LOOKING AT THE END DETERMINES HOW WE LIVE NOW

My beautiful wife Sandy is a substitute school teacher. The joke around school is no one is going to see each other after the weekend. Why? Because a preacher by the name of Harold Camping has once again predicted that literally tommorow is the rapture. I understand their church is celebrating a rapture party. I for one will be blogging again after the weekend. Not because I don't believe Jesus is going to return some day but because it was Jesus who told us that no one knows the time of his return.

I was taught as a young Christian that its always five minutes before midnight. In other words, always be prepared for Jesus return whether it is tonight or fifty years from now or 5oo years from today. Live for Christ today so you don't have to worry about what happens tommorow. And even if Christians feel like the end is near, Jesus return is imminent, then the urgency should encourage us to bring in the harvest while there is still light because when night falls, there will be no time left. Or to put it another way, I like the way Rob Bell says it, "Eternal life doesn't start when we die; It starts now."

So the next time you hear someone tell you to drop everything because next weekend will be your last, just nod and smile and keep following Jesus today. I baptized a Mother and Daughter today. I hope to be doing such things like this the following day and the next.



Several kids were laughing today and telling me that they won't be here after tommorow. I said really, how does everyone know that they are going to be raptured tommorow if some kids are living for the Devil today? The laughter may have stopped but there was a kind of sober silence as these kids reflected on what does it mean to live for God in the world today?

1 comment:

  1. Please for humanity's sake please do it once
    I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.
    What you have to do is follow these simple steps

    1.go to Google.com and search "kwotz2011.blogspot.com"
    2.then visit my blog from the the search results.
    3.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
    4. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from Ads by Google boxes and visit there.
    5.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
    and that's it.

    Note: Only ONE click is needed. If I ever ask you again for the click please never ever click again.
    I will be grateful to you.
    I really need your help

    ReplyDelete