Monday, August 6, 2018

Jesus Still Speaks Today

Image result for jesus still speaks today





“I believe that the closer we get to the original Jesus the closer we are to recognizing the face of the living God.”
- N. T. Wright

“Unless your eyes catch fire, God will not be seen. Unless your ears catch fire, God will not be heard. Unless your tongue catches fire, God will not be named. Unless your heart catches fire, God will not be loved. Unless your mind catches fire, God will not be known.”
- My adaption of William Blake, ‘The Fourfold Vision’

The more I empty myself and let Jesus speak to my heart, the more I hear the Shepherd’s voice. The more I lay my wounds and brokenness at Jesus feet, the more I allow His Spirit to heal me. The more I contemplate the grandeur and beauty of Christ, the more I see Him in everything around me.

          I am learning to listen more and speak less. I am becoming more aware of the voices of the past ancient Christians and saints that lead me to know Christ in his fullness better. The language of Jesus is love and if people are not hearing God’s love language, it is not coming from the Spirit of Christ. If you are having trouble hearing from the voice of God, what was the last thing God told you to do and then go do it. Obedience to the voice of Jesus always leads to more instructions from heaven on how to live on earth.

          If Jesus is not surprising you and shaking your world up, you have probably stopped listening to him. Jesus will offend the mind to reveal your heart. I love the way Matthew’s Gospel says it of God’s heavenly voice speaking from a mountain, “This is my Son, whom I love . . . Listen to him (Matthew 17:5)!”


No comments:

Post a Comment