Monday, May 15, 2017

Benedictine Monastery: Day Two




God woke me up at 4am and heaven and earth collided in mystic joy of prayer.  I had breakfast with a scientist who was seeking after the mysterious unknown.  I sensed his science was not answering his present questions and possibly he had a mystical experience that did not fit into his closed system worldview.  Could it be he is running after what he does not know as he is haunted by the ghost of God?

Another gentleman in my retreat talked about Mother God Sophia.  Here is a man possibly trying to get in touch with the feminine side of God. God is Spirit and beyond gender but maybe some people need God more as Mother than Father? This reminds me of the movie "The Shack" where God shows up in the movie as a black woman.  All I can say is God meets us in the moment and where we are at and reveals as much light as we can accept by his mercy. James 2:13 says "mercy overcomes judgment."

I went to my first confession today. I shared my pain and heart with an 80 year old priest.  I prayed Psalm 149 & 150 and gave contrition for my sins. He simply shared his love and smiled at me the whole time as if I was giving my confession to Christ himself!


No comments:

Post a Comment