Monday, May 15, 2017

Benedictine Monastery: Day One



God is calling me to a life of complete surrender and peace. To learn to be content in all circumstances and to listen to the intuitions and movements of the Spirit of God throughout the whole day.  God is calling me to a contemplative lifestyle where I live an incarnational life and ask the Holy Spirit into every decision of the day.  Every new day is an opportunity to invite the Holy Spirit in the present moment.

At Supper, I met a Reformed minister whose life parallels mine in so many ways. He loves church history, the catholicity of the church and faced many of the same challenges I do in my relationships and life.  I could not help but feel God put us providentially together for such a time as this!  Discontentment, apathy, fear, anger, anxiety have filled to many of the last days of this month.  God is calling me out of the dark abyss into the light and freedom of rest in Christ. Is it possible that facing the worst moments leads to life's best?

In the empty silence of the monastery is the naked Spirit of God healing my overburdened soul and leading me into Holy communion.  After darkness comes light and crucifixion comes resurrection.  God is making all things new and God is making me new. Alleluia!


No comments:

Post a Comment