Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Politics of the Lamb



As you can see, I have been reading Brian Zahnd's provocative blog and loving it.  If you have not read Zahnd before, try his new book "Turning Wine into Water" (a great read).  Two other blogs I enjoy reading is my friend John Armstrong and Scot McKnight's Jesus Creed."  But in another mess of an election year where there is more confusion, emotion, and noise than ever, here are Brian's wise words for politically incorrect Christians:

"You see, having pledged all my allegiance to the Lamb I have none left for elephants or donkeys. I’ve placed all of my hope in the kingdom of Christ. My short form politics is, “Jesus is Lord.” My long form politics is the Sermon on the Mount. And I know good and well that neither the elephant party nor the donkey party have the inclination or ability to seriously embrace the cruciform politics of Lamb. That’s the gist of my political theology."



No comments:

Post a Comment