Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Fool For Christ or How to Pray Like a Fool



My simple and foolish prayer for the day is this:  "Lord Jesus, give me the heart of a child and the awesome courage to live it out as an adult." To be a fool for Christ means one is willing to do anything for Christ, even look foolish to others.  It means to be so in love with Christ that nothing else ultimately matters.  To be a fool for Christ means to be fiercely honest with yourself and others and pray about everything.  To be a full for Christ is to identify with the poor, the oppressed, the forgotten, and the rejected.  The wisdom of Christ seems like foolishness to the world and darkness to our natural way of contemplating life.  So my prayer for today is simply this:  "Lord Jesus, give me the courage to walk in the darkness of faith and let my foolishness source be your precious light.  Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment