Thursday, September 3, 2015

The River of Life



The water rises with the current flow
Waves of perfection from above fall low
What lies beyond reach is grace given
What one loses is gained in life's rhythm

Like a symphony without measure
Each moment can not be contained or held together
Grace seems fleeting and cannot be grasped
The heavens appear closed and sound like brass

Abandon yourself to the uselessness of it all
The echo of God's love is the Spirit's call
Against the current I now run
Wellspring of God's beauty says I'm God's son

Inwardly my heart leaps at the tide
Washed in God's presence I fully abide
Overwhelmed by mystery and peace immeasurable
Fully awake to God's grace joy un-expressible

Inescapable love poured over me
Garments of righteousness spread out for all to see
Even through a thousand sorrows
Embraced by light for all my tomorrows

No comments:

Post a Comment