Monday, February 20, 2012

A Prayer

"WHOM HAVE I IN HEAVEN BUT THEE? AND THERE IS NOTHING UPON EARTH I DESIRE BESIDES THEE" - George Mcdonald
It's Monday and I'm tired, but the Spirit of God still speaks and listens as we pray. I pray for leaders everywhere, especially our political leaders. I pray that God will deliver his church from thinking that politics or elections or human effort will somehow save us in the end. My only trust is in you O God!

Lord, help me not confuse the patterns of this world with your Holy Word. Father, may your church once again recapture the beautiful vision of what it means to be your intimate spouse. Oh Sovereign Lord, lead me not to be distracted by earthly things but to see your kingdom and heaven on earth. Keep my mouth from speaking vain things that ultimately do not matter in the end and give me the boldness to speak for you when I am tempted to keep silent.

O Almighty God, birth your love anew in me this day. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment