Friday, April 27, 2018

Entering Into the Sacred Heart of Jesus


Sagrado Coração de Jesus - escola portuguesa, século XIX.png

"If you don't believe my words, then believe in my wounds" (words spoken to my heart meditating on the cross of Christ)

Jesus was pierced and wounded by love for us.  Out of the sacred heart of Jesus pours divine blessings and torrents of heavenly grace. Oh how my heart longs every moment of every day to enter the love chamber of Jesus sacred heart.  Jesus heart full of transparent truth and fiery purifying love.  One ray of light from Jesus heart can take me into the throne room of heaven.

As I went on a cruise on the ocean recently, it reminded me that I am like one drop in the ocean of Christ's mercy and how I want to throw myself into the loving embrace of Jesus' love that is like an immense ocean of love. Oh, how I want to cast the anchor of my trust into the divine abyss of God's mercy. My prayer every day at 3:00pm is a prayer for the salvation of the whole world.  This short and powerful ancient prayer goes like this: "Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and the whole world."

The sacred heart of Jesus is like a purifying furnace. We are sanctified by the flames of love, revealing the mystery of our heart with all its illusions, and our lives are transformed into a love song for Almighty God. Maybe the only way of truly seeing Jesus is with eyes that the Scriptures say . . ."They shall look on him whom they have pierced" (John 19:37 & Zechariah 12:10).


No comments:

Post a Comment