Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Looking for the Hand of God in 2017




Ecclesiastes 2:24 says, "So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the and of God."

2016 was a difficult year for many people including myself. I am hopeful despite the gloom and doom of the media that 2017 will be a better year than 2016.  Not because of who was elected president or who our nation's leaders presently are.  This is a year to listen and hear from God.

Here is what I hear God speaking this year to his bride the church. "When you let go of what's in your had, I will give you what's in my hand."  Many of us need to let go the past and yes, even let go of 2016.  What we need to embrace this year is what is in God's hand.  But please understand this, God is not going to give you what is in His hand until you let go of what is in your hand.

Some people may have trouble trusting God or what is in God's hand? The real issue is do you trust God enough to let go of what is in your hand first? Holding everything with open hands frees us and allows God the freedom to take us wherever God wants to take us.  Where do you see the hand of God already at work? What are some areas in your life you need to let go of so God can give you what's in His hand?


No comments:

Post a Comment