Saturday, June 25, 2016

Jesus to the Rescue




I was in Orlando Florida for vacation and spent wonderful time with my wife, children, and my nieces and nephews.  I listened to a message Sunday morning on the book of Jeremiah dealing with hard-hearted and hard-headed Christianity.  The minister was genuinely vulnerable, refreshingly honest, and compassionate in his response to the Orlando terrorist shooting.  We should mourn and not cheer the death of others.  Like Jeremiah, the church needs to learn to lament and weep more.

I was playing tennis with my wife and my left knee went out on me.  She sent this very nice young man from Puerto Rico to give me a ride back in a golf cart.  The name of the man was Jesus.  I could not help but laugh and think of the irony as the man who came to my rescue that day name was none other than Jesus.  Jesus to the rescue!


No comments:

Post a Comment