Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Blessed are Those who Live in the Present Moment



Blessed are you who meets me where I am,
in the quiet moments and hectic days.

Blessed are you who comes like a whisper in my breath
and spreads images of majesty before me.

Blessed are you who comes incarnate through a smile
of another, the touch of a hand or a kind word.

Blessed are you who shines in the light of the candle
and sings through the song of a sparrow.

Blessed are youwho meets me where I am--
wretched, unholy, empty and longing to be filled.

Blessed are you who greets me with a belly full
of laughter under a starlit sky.

Blessed are you who remains faithful thorugh
my questions and storms.

Blessed are you who stands as a sentinel in the night
throughout my slumbering dreams or restless tossing.

Blessed are you who I could name for an eternity
and never be complete.

Blessed are you who simply says, I AM,
and this is enough.
Amen.
Amen.
Amen.


-  Kayce Stevens Hughlett (poem)



No comments:

Post a Comment