Monday, July 27, 2015

Christian Singer NF and David Crowder Stories




1.  Story Number One: NF -  My two boys love the Christian song writer and rapper NF.  He speaks their language and sings his heart out to this younger generation.  When I was at Camp Electric, NF was their favorite artist as he put it all out there on stage before many of the best and most talented teenage Christian singers and musicians.  If someone is not familiar with him, check out his "Wake Up" video on You Tube.  Several months ago I listened to his mansion song and I loved the lyrical words to this album and particularly the vulnerability, realness, and transparency he brings into his music which is very personal.  I had just read Theresa Avila's Interior Castle where she says the soul is like a mansion with many rooms.  As I have been reading the great Christian mystics of the past, I felt like I was supposed to buy and give a Christian book on prayer to NF.  I was going to mail it to him but found no real way to get him the book.  Then I found out recently that he was going to be a camp electric.  Somehow I knew God would work it out that I could give him the book.  One day I saw a car parked in a strange spot and quickly discovered it was NF.  I handed him the book and I pray that God may bless him and give him peace and rest as he grows in his spiritual life through prayer.

2.  Story Number Two:  David Crowder - I was resting at Camp Electric and suddenly sensed that I was going to get a free copy of David Crowder's new CD.  I logically tried to figure out how this was going to happen like maybe I'll work his booth and someone from his group would give me the CD?  I was asked later that night to work David Crowder's merchandise table so everything was going according to plan and then I was told that the CD's came in late and their would be no CD's that night.  Not only was I not going to get a CD, but neither was anybody else!  I was getting ready to leave my shift when a lady asked me if David Crowder was coming out because she wanted him to sign her CD.  I told her he was not coming out and then she preceded to give me the CD.  I told the story to one of my friend's at camp electric and he asked me, "Why did God want you to have the David Crowder CD?"  My answer at that moment was "I had no idea!"  I went to a song writer's seminar where the instructor told me in my inquiry about my writing poetry and how to write songs that I should listen to some Christian singer I thought was a great Christian song writer and take the words and rewrite my own words and learn the form of song writing.  Instantly I thought of David Crowder because one of the purposes for me at Camp Electric was my hope of learning how to write Christian music.  Right after the seminar I ran into my friend and I told him I now know why I got the David Crowder CD and the rest is "His Story!"

No comments:

Post a Comment