Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dog and Cat Theology


THIS IS NOT MY HOME, I AM ONLY PASSING THROUGH - words from an old gospel song

Life is a matter of perspective. I have had as pets both dogs and cats. Here is some theology to chew on. Dogs seem to say, "You feed me. You shelter me. You love me. You must be God!" Cats seem to say, "You feed me. You pet me. You shelter me. You love me. I must be God!" Some of us more think along the line of how cats see the world than dogs. We still think the universe owes us something and evolves around us. When one reads the gospels, one should be struck how far from the truth this truly is. We gain our life by losing it. We die to ourselves so that God can resurrect new life into us. We understand that sacrifice and putting others first shows God's kingdom has come into our life. We discover that the abundant life is not measured by success or material wealth but God's kingdom of love, joy, and peace filling your life to overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment