Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Will Israel, the Jews, and the Christian Church Come Together in the Last Days?


"GOD DID NOT SEND HIS SON INTO THE WORLD AS A JEWISH RABBI TO ESTABLISH A LOVELY NEW GENTILE RELIGION CALLED CHRISTIANITY" - Michael L. Brown

I am off for some Sabbath time (family vacation). This last weekend, I worshipped at a Messianic congregation where Jews and Gentiles worshipped Yahweh side by side. Whether we call the Messiah Jesus or Yeshua, God is reconciling the whole world and fullfilling the new man in Christ in Ephesians chapter one as many tribes make One Church.

Over a dacade ago, I had an encounter that changed my life. I was at a Christian conference on racial reconciliation and I found myself (a white, blond, blue-eyed German) locked in an embrace of love and forgiveness with a Hasidic Christian Jew. How I now read the Bible and my heart for Israel has been changed forever more.

Gentiles are finally repenting of centuries of anti-semitism and starting to rediscover their Jewish roots of the Christian faith. A love for Jewish people is being sovereignly poured into the hearts of the Gentile church. We are actually beginning to witness the fullfillment of the Scriptures that says,

"Ten men from all languages and nations will take hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe" and say "Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you" (Zechariah 8:23).

No comments:

Post a Comment